GCE believes that a huge impact on the right of people with disabilities can be made through efforts by national governments to deliver the following 7 strategies:
- Create appropriate legislative frameworks and set out ambitious national plans for inclusion.
- Provide the capacity, resources and leadership to implement ambitious national plans on inclusion.
- Improving data and building accountability for action
- Making schools and classrooms accessible and relevant for all
- Ensure enough appropriately trained teachers for all
- Challenging attitudes which reinforce and sustain discrimination
- Create an enabling policy environment for inclusive education, through cross-sectoral interventions
- These strategies must be supported by bilateral donors and the international community through development cooperation.